Tuesday, March 15, 2016

REMIND ME


Find me the first book
That taught us how to love each other
Remind me
What it means to give without condition
How to care without ill intention
Find me the first book
Of gentleness and kindness
regardless
of origin, race or ethnicity
of pure love to humanity.


Read me the first book
That taught us how to live
With our neighbors
Remind me of the way
One should treat his brother when he is in need
or when he is dying of hunger out on the street
Read me the first book
Of communal relations
acceptance
of team work and cooperation
From first generation.

Bring me the first book
That taught us how to read
the wisdom of the fore fathers handed down to sons and daughters
Remind me
How to reconnect with my roots
or how to peel away the veil that keeps us from the truth
Bring me the first book
Of African scripts
Texts
Those before BC
Of true African history.

Search for me the first book
That taught us how to pray
with purity of heart
Remind me the values
with which one could be signified
As a faithful servant, dignified
To lead spiritually
Search for me the first book
Of honesty to the faith one claims to belong
A song
Of sincerity and clarity to right and wrong
Of equality to all man kind, weak or strong.

Take me to the place of birth of my nation
Remind me, why I was important to God's creation.

©Zuhura Seng'enge
~ A.L 2015

1 comment:

Please share your thoughts and feelings..